The Modern Data Lake
Operationalizing Big Data Analytics for Everyone
Data lakes represent much more than just another type of information reservoir. With gaps remaining in the maturity of the Hadoop stack, many organizations struggle to reap the benefits of their data lakes for analytic needs. The proper usage of a BI platform can enable you to operationalize data lakes in your enterprise.
However, gaps remain in the maturity and capability of the Hadoop stack, leaving organizations struggling with how to reap the benefits of these data lakes and how to create data analytics applications that deliver value to end users. For data lakes to succeed, organizations need to learn and understand the differences between these big data scenarios:
- Data Discovery and Exploratory Analysis
- Analytics Applications and Operationalization Analytics Across the Enterprise
This white paper examines these two scenarios in detail, where and when each one is appropriate, and how to step from one to the other. It also covers examples where enterprise-grade interfaces, self-service data analytics discovery, application development, and business intelligence or analytics capabilities are required to reach the unique objectives of each.
Download your complimentary white paper and learn:
- The various use cases for data lakes
- Where and when to use a BI platform vs. data discovery tools
- Best practices for designing successful analytic applications on data lakes
- How to operationalize data lakes and create big data analytics insights