Thank you for your interest in Birst. We look forward to staying connected with you and keeping you abreast of the latest Birst news.
Media inquiries should be directed to:
Head of Corporate Communications
Corporate Image Gallery
Download Birst images, including company logos, executive bios & photos, and product screenshots:
- Birst, an Infor company, logo (EPS)
- Birst, an Infor company, logo (JPEG)
- Birst, an Infor company, logo (PNG)
- Bio & photo of Brad Peters, SVP & GM, Birst, an Infor company
- Birst Laptop Images Zip
- Birst Mobile Images Zip
- Birst product screenshot 1
- Birst product screenshot 2
Birst Value Proposition
Birst’s Networked approach to BI and Analytics enables a single view of data, eliminating data silos. Decentralized teams and individual users can augment the corporate data model with their own local data, without compromising data governance. Consistency comes from a unified semantic layer, which maintains common definitions and key metrics, no matter where users sit.
Birst achieves Networked BI through a unique 2-tier architecture that aligns back-end enterprise data with line-of-business or local data. Birst’s patented Automated Data Refinement extracts data from any source (data stores, applications, warehouses, big data, and unstructured external sources) into a unified semantic layer.
The result is a consistent enterprise view that enables users with self-service analytics through world-class dashboards, drill-down reporting, visual discovery, mobile tools, and predictive analytics.
The Birst Open Client Interface also offers integration with Tableau, Excel and R.
Birst’s experienced leadership team is dedicated to helping people better use and understand their data.
Birst was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company currently has 260 employees.
Birst Key Features
- Patented machine learning technology: Birst intelligently discovers business-critical relationships in the data and automatically builds visualizations and dashboards. It utilizes advanced algorithms to take raw data and instantly structure it in an organized and consistent set of business metrics and attributes.
- Networked analytics: Birst’s pioneering networked approach empowers users with the freedom to explore, experiment and work independently in “virtual sandboxes,” while leveraging and extending the insights of others, enriching the network in the process.
- Modern cloud architecture: Built on top of a modern cloud architecture, Birst delivers all the benefits of a true Software-as-a-Service solution and is suitable for every kind of deployment: public cloud, private cloud, on-premises, or hybrid. There is no need to move all data to the cloud.
- Agile semantic layer: In contrast to desktop discovery tools that promote data anarchy, Birst’s semantic layer contains a single and reusable definition of every object – business attributes and measures – and can be federated across the network of analytics while still maintaining its singularity and reusability.
- Seamless user experience: Birst blurs the lines between the different modules, enabling users to work with data as they move from data prep to discovery to dashboards to reports – creating, collaborating and publishing within one experience
Learn more about Birst’s BI and analytics solutions and hear what our customers have to say about Birst’s award-winning business analytics platform.